Skip to main content
- Am I eligible?
- Certain programs or sponsors may identify criteria for principal investigator eligibility. Such criteria may include degree(s), awards and honors, tenure, how many times an individual has been a PI, and faculty membership, among others. These qualifications should be reviewed carefully to ensure eligibility. In addition to the sponsor’s criteria, potential PIs must be aware of their responsibilities, have approval from their units, and meet eligibility requirements as dictated by ASU policy.
- Should I apply?
- ASU’s Knowledge Enterprise supports travel to Washington, D.C., to visit a sponsoring agency and talk to program officers. Apply for travel funding and learn about requirements for your visit.
- Understand sponsors and programs through competitive intelligence
- Competitive intelligence (CI) is the ethical collection and analysis of information which informs decision-making. It involves research designed to identify strengths, gaps, and opportunities. Businesses and governments have practiced CI for decades in order to develop insights and gain competitive advantages.
- Writing your proposal
- Tips for improving your proposal
- Get proposal editing
The OKED Proposal Editing Team offers free proposal and journal editing services to ASU faculty. Our service focuses on improving grammar, internal consistency, and clarity. This service is supplemental to writing or editing assistance available through your college or institute.
- Graphics services
Research Development can help ASU researchers develop clear and meaningful imagery that supports their technical approach and solutions and ultimately allows our faculty to stand out among the crowd. Our art director will help you scope and design figures and proposal graphics. For assistance, email ResearchDevelopment@asu.edu.
- Additional university resources
- Letters of support
Research Development works with ASU leaders to secure letters of support and/or commitment for proposals to funding agencies. We also work with ASU’s Office of Public Affairs to solicit letters of support from regional governments and other special interests. Learn more about letters of support.
- Research Administration
Research administration provides information, documents and tools to investigators and advancement teams across the university.
- Research Academy
ASU Knowledge Enterprise offers learning modules to help you succeed.
- Office of Research Integrity and Assurance
The Office of Research Integrity and Assurance(ORIA) was established to achieve and maintain ethical principles and compliance with federal, state and university regulations governing research. The office acts as a liaison between the associate vice president for the Knowledge Enterprise (the institutional official designated with oversight of compliance) and the various committees required to monitor and support research activities.
- Knowledge Enterprise researcher support
The ASU Knowledge Enterprise advances research, innovation, strategic partnerships, entrepreneurship and international development. We offer services and support to faculty throughout the entire research life cycle from locating funding opportunities to commercializing new technologies.