Funding Opportunity: ASU Women and Philanthropy 2021- 2022 Grant Program
ASU Women and Philanthropy was formed in 2002 by a group of women committed to becoming advocates and philanthropic supporters of the university. Since then, ASU Women and Philanthropy has grown dramatically — in membership, influence, and impact. To date, the organization retains more than 260 investors and has contributed more than $4.5 million to ASU in the form of 95 various grants. The 2021-22 season is our 20th year, continuing a tradition of significant impact on the critical initiatives of ASU as a New American University. ASU Women and Philanthropy’s collective voice is formed by each investor who makes an annual contribution to the Women and Philanthropy Pooled Fund. Each year, investors decide how to distribute their funds among university initiatives and scholarship programs. In return, these funds support ASU’s students and faculty in transcending boundaries, identifying, and taking on new challenges and driving innovative solutions.
ASU Women & Philanthropy program is once again pleased to offer the opportunity for funding to advance the ASU Design Aspirations.
These institutional objectives are integrated in innovative ways throughout the university to achieve excellence, access, and impact.
- Leverage Our Place: ASU embraces its cultural, socioeconomic, and physical setting.
- Transform Society: ASU catalyzes social change by being connected to social needs.
- Value Entrepreneurship: ASU uses its knowledge and encourages innovation.
- Conduct Use-Inspired Research: ASU research has purpose and impact.
- Enable Student Success: ASU is committed to the success of each unique student.
- Fuse Intellectual Disciplines: ASU creates knowledge by transcending academic disciplines.
- Be Socially Embedded: ASU connects with communities through mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Engage Globally: ASU engages with people and issues locally, nationally, and internationally.
There is no priority or preference given to proposals that focus, support, or align with female oriented programs. For more information about the ASU Women and Philanthropy program please visit the website at: giveto.asu.edu/womenandphilanthropy.
ASU Women and Philanthropy will allocate the members’ annual investments to provide grants to top ASU programs. Grants awarded will range from $10,000 to $50,000.
The number of grants awarded will depend on the requested amount of the grants selected and the amount of contributed funds available each year.
- Must align with at least one of the ASU Design Aspirations in a meaningful and powerful way.
- Must be submitted by a current ASU staff/faculty or ASU Foundation employee, with approval from the appropriate dean or director.
- Any program that has received past ASU Women and Philanthropy funding is ineligible to apply for a grant for the same program for two (2) years from the completion date of that project. If you are unsure of your eligibility, please contact the ASU Women and Philanthropy office.
- No multi-year requests or pledges will be considered. Requested funds should be used during the 2022-23 academic year.
- Applications must be reviewed and submitted electronically by the assigned Research Administrator (RA) for your unit and your ERA Funding Proposal number (FP#) must be included in your application.
- The ASU office of Research Administration offers a valuable source of proposal development support with a large clientele in the university.
- More information and a list of RAs can be found at https://researchadmin.asu.edu/
- It is important to contact your RA well in advance of the deadline to ensure adequate time for application development, review and submission.
Timeline and Key Dates
- The grant application form will be sent electronically by the Provost’s Office to all ASU invitees. Applications can also be requested directly from ASU Women and Philanthropy.
- Completed applications must be submitted no later than Friday, September 24, 2021 at 5 PM (https://form.jotform.com/212035918662153).
- All completed applications will be reviewed and evaluated. Selected proposals will be scheduled for site visits (choice of in-person or virtual) by ASU Women and Philanthropy Investment Committee members. If chosen as a semi-finalist, additional clarifying questions will also be asked prior to the site visit.
- Communication regarding those applicants selected and not selected for site visits will occur no later than the week of October 18, 2021.
- Communication regarding those applicants selected and not selected for final presentations will occur no later than December 10, 2021.
- Finalists must attend a presentation rehearsal on February 17, 2022. Location TBD. *Date subject to change*
- Finalists will be required to make a presentation to the ASU Women and Philanthropy membership on February 23, 2022. Please be prepared to hold 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM on this date.
- Final proposal selections will be voted on by all ASU Women and Philanthropy members. Notification of those applicants selected/not selected for funding will be completed no later than April 1, 2022.
- The 2021-22 grant recipients will be announced to ASU Women and Philanthropy investors at the year-end Celebration event, on May 3, 2022. All funded programs will be required to have at least one representative at this event to accept the award.
- For selected proposals, fund transfers will be completed no later than Thursday, June 30, 2022.
- Two funding reports (due December 2022 and August 2023) will be required for funded proposals.
If you have any questions, please contact the ASU Women and Philanthropy Office:
ASU Foundation for A New American University, Fulton Center, 6th Floor; Mail Code 5005.
Engagement Programs Manager