2022 Fall New Economy Initiative Science and Technology Center Funding Opportunities
We are excited to present the Fall 2022 Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) for the New Economy Initiative Science and Technology Centers (STC).
These FOAs are soliciting proposals for research and development projects that are collaborations between ASU researchers, industry partners and government stakeholders.
- Align with one or more STC thrust and the identified interest areas described in the FOA built from the STC Proposers Day held October 24, 2022.
- Are expected to be 12–24 months in duration and support one PhD student’s effort, though proposals that provide compelling rationale for different durations or levels of effort will be considered.
- Have co-investment from the STC and one stakeholder partner such that a portion of the project costs expended at ASU will be funded by the STC and a portion will be funded by a company, as detailed in the FOA.
- Lay the foundation for significant impact on the Arizona economy if technically successful.
Each STC anticipates making 5–7 awards in response to the FOA, and each STC expects to issue similar FOA every 6 months as funding allows. Stakeholder partners will be asked to submit a letter of support detailing their collaboration and investment in each project.
You can find more information about the FOA for each STC via the links below:
- Advanced Communications Technologies (ACT): https://asu.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1887113
- Advanced Materials, Processes, and Energy Devices (AMPED): https://asu.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1886199
- Extreme Environments (EXTREME): https://asu.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1887115
- Manufacturing, Automation and Data Engineering (MADE): https://asu.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1886855
- Performance Engineering and Research For Optimizing Response Mechanisms (PERFORM): https://asu.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1887117